Last updated: 4 March, 2020
Last modified: 1 March 2020
UnbuiltLabs.com is operated by Unbuilt Labs LLC. The following Terms and Conditions of Content Submission apply when you submit content to Unbuilt Labs, including, but not limited to, its employees, agents, officers, and managers. Content may include images, photographs, videos, movies, plans, drawings, sketches or any other content that you supply to us.
By submitting content to us, you agree to these terms and the license to use the content will come into existence between you and us.
In accordance with the previous paragraph, you grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable, paid up and royalty-free license for us to use, publish, reproduce, display or otherwise exploit the content that you submit to us in whole or in part for any purpose we may determine including on our websites and other site in which we have publishing rights; our mobile and tablet applications; our social media pages; in any of our advertising, marketing or promotional works; in publications; to allow third parties to publish the content where they do so in association with us.
You acknowledge and agree that we will not pay you a fee for the content that you submit to us. In exchange for you providing the content, the content may be featured on our websites and in publications or may be used, published, reproduced, displayed or otherwise exploited for any other purpose as explained in the paragraph above.
You acknowledge and agree that we have the right to:
- Edit, adapt, and make changes to any content that you submit to us without your prior approval for example, to correct, any typographical and grammatical errors, to ensure text conforms with our writing style, to shorten a video or movie, or to crop and image; decide not to use, publish, reproduce, display or otherwise exploit the content that you submit to us; and
- remove any content at any time including from our websites; our mobile and tablet applications; our social media pages; our advertising, marketing or promotional works; publications.
You hereby legally promise (warrant) that:
- the content does not infringe any rights of any third parties including, but not limited to, copyright and trademarks and does not otherwise violate the law;
- you are entitled to, and have full power and authority to, license all existing and future intellectual property rights in the content;
- you have informed us of any credits that need to be used in conjunction with the content;
- the content is not abusive, obscene, illegal, defamatory, libelous, factually inaccurate, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, pornographic, racist, or liable to incite racial hatred or acts of terrorism; and
- the content does not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You are to immediately notify us in writing by email to Copyright@UnbuiltLabs.com giving full details if a third party threatens to make, or makes, a claim that the content infringes its rights or makes any other claim relating to the rights granted by the license. You agree to provide us with all assistance that we may reasonably require with regards to any such claim that is made or threatened.
You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, claims, damages, losses and expenses arising as a result of a breach by you of any of the warranties.
You hereby irrevocably waive all moral rights under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (and all similar rights in under jurisdictions) which you have or will have in content that you have submitted to us.
We amend these terms from time to time. Once the terms come into existence between you and us, every time you wish to submit content to us, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You agree to promptly execute and deliver (or use all reasonable endeavors to procure that any necessary third party shall promptly execute and deliver such documents and perform such acts as may reasonably be required for the purpose of giving full effect to these terms.
If any provision or part-provision of these terms is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, it will be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal, and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision, or part-provision will be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this paragraph will not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms.